Wednesday, November 24, 2021

2011-12 Gabriel Landeskog "Rookie Debut" Peter Forsberg Night Set (MeiGray)

This is Gabriel Landeskog's game worn rookie debut sweater from Peter Forsberg Retirement Night at the Pepsi Center on October 8th 2011 vs. Red Wings.  A game that I attended. The Forsberg Retirement Ceremony was amazing and very emotional for everyone in attendance. The Avs were fairly flat in the game and lost to their rivals by the score of 3-0. 

But ultimately, there was a silver lining to this night.

A future Avs star and future captain would make his NHL debut. Landy was very noticeable out there and had a physical presence from the start.  Landy would log over 16 minutes of ice time on 24 shifts in his Avs' debut. He would register 5 shots and 3 hits during the contest.

I want to thank Barry Meisel from Meigray for making this dream sweater available to me.  I kind of think Barry knew he's be hearing from me as Landy is my guy... The LOA from the Avs and MeiGray is super special as it states "the actual jersey worn on "Peter Forsberg" Night by #92 Gabriel Landeskog is now yours".

As a huge Landeskog fan and one of his biggest collectors in the game worn hobby, I am extremely ecstatic to have added this true grail and very special Landy jersey to my collection.  This sweater will be proudly displayed in a shadow box in my man cave for me and my house guests to enjoy for years to come.  Happy collecting everyone and as always,, Go Avs Go! 


The beautiful Peter Forsberg Retirement patch adorns the right chest of the game worn sweater
MeiGray set tag in rear hem


Three photos of Gabriel Landeskog wearing the sweater on Peter Forsberg Night



No comments:

Post a Comment