Wednesday, February 9, 2022

1997-98 Claude Lemieux Set 3 Home (obtained from private collector)

This is Claude Lemieux's Set 3 Home sweater from the 1997-98 season.  I am extremely excited to add a Lemieux sweater to my Avalanche collection.. Claude Lemieux was just simply clutch, especially in the playoffs for the Montreal Canadiens, NJ Devils and Colorado Avalanche.  I loathed him as a Hab and Devil as he was a big NY Rangers killer, but when I moved to Colorado in 1998 and started following the Avalanche, I instantly became a big fan. Absolutely loved this player.  4 time Stanley Cup champion and over 80 Stanley Cup playoff goals, he was a guy you'd love to hate if he wasn't playing for your club. The sweater exhibits excellent wear throughout and has been photo matched numerous times. Very excited to add a "Pepe" Le Pew 22 to my Avalanche collection... And as always,, Go Avs Go!  


Lemieux has signed the jersey in silver paint sharpie
Excellent Team Repair on right sleeve
Two photo matches of Lemieux wearing the sweater in game play in the spring of 1998


No comments:

Post a Comment